Senior Software Engineer
Amla Commerce is a global software company that has grown out of the belief that ecommerce software should enable sustainable growth. Amla has two products, Artifi Labs and Znode. Artifi Labs is an ecommerce product customization platform that allows shoppers to personalize, customize, and configure products. Znode is a B2B multi-channel ecommerce platform developed with an API-first architecture, combined with native B2B functionality and flexible data model, allowing for easy management of manufacturers' and distributors' B2B, B2C, and B2B2X business models.
At Amla, we are building something special: awesome ecommerce software and a great place to be yourself. We put passion into our work but enjoy cracking jokes along the way. Our teams tackle complex challenges and work together to create innovative solutions, and we celebrate every little victory along the way. If you’re ready to tackle opportunities that will help grow your career while making an impact, Amla is waiting for you.
Amla Commerce is looking for an energetic, self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join its Product Management team. If you’re technically inclined, naturally curious, self-motivated and love all things digital, keep reading.
The Senior Software Engineer position requires a skilled professional focused on the development of software from design to release and ongoing support. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC): requirement gathering, analysis, testing and implementation of third-party platforms or software. Duties include working closely with the product development team, customer onboarding and success teams, and occasionally sales and account management teams.
The ideal candidate would be a full-stack developer with knowledge of coding in various languages, including Asp.Net C#, Asp.Net MVC and React development. Position duties include designing new applications, configuring existing systems, connecting to third-party business systems and offering technical guidance to team members. The primary objective of the position is to foster collaboration with internal teams, contributing to the design, development, and maintenance of the ecommerce platform.
- Develop a firm understanding of the key features of the ecommerce platform
- Understand how the platform is commonly implemented in different ways for existing and new customers.
- Identify gaps in the platform and outline opportunities
- Participate in product development activities and write required application design and analysis documents.
- Writing application architecture specifications and assisting with the build of walk-through prototypes.
- Utilize understanding of the full software life cycle and strong knowledge in Design Methodology – UML.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications.
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects as needed.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Assist in the support and growth of development platform(s).
- Support product development activities. Must understand the Amla quality process and apply the same while executing tasks.
- Interacting with technical writers to document, verify and validate product features and functionality.
- Interacting with test/quality assurance engineers to define test plans, identify and reproduce defects and provide fixes.
- Mentor and guide team, coach team members based on their developmental needs.
- Research standard extensions/solutions for common business applications.
- Perform usability testing and assessment for products, as well as ad hoc usability evaluations of varying levels of complexity.
MUST-HAVES FOR THIS GIG:
- 6+ years in ASP.Net technologies and software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience in web development activity using Microsoft Asp.Net.
- Technology design experience including Performance, Security, Availability, Operations, Monitoring and Support.
- ASP.Net MVC, .Net Core with C#, Web Services, JSON, XML.
- Experience working with REST/SOAP web services.
- Database experience (MSSQL, NoSQL).
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Nice-to-have’s for this gig:
- Experience developing with Ecommerce platforms
- Experience integrating with 3rd Party systems such as ERP, PIM, DAM, CRM, CMS, IPaaS
- Working knowledge of web hosting solutions on IIS7 and Azure.
- Design and implementation experience with one or more of the integration technologies.
- Experience working with an offshore development process and teams.
Send your resume to [email protected]