Project Manager - Ecommerce
Amla Commerce is a global software company that has grown out of the belief that ecommerce software should enable sustainable growth. Amla has two products, Artifi Labs and Znode. Artifi Labs is an ecommerce product customization platform that allows shoppers to personalize, customize and configure products. Znode is an enterprise, B2B ecommerce platform with a rich set of built-in features to easily manage content, site search, product information, and multi-store functionality.
At Amla, we are building something special. Awesome ecommerce software and a great place to be yourself. Don’t be surprised if you smell beer on Friday afternoons. We put passion into our work but enjoy cracking jokes along the way. Our teams tackle complex challenges and work together to create innovative solutions, and we celebrate every little victory along the way. If you’re ready to tackle opportunities that will help grow your career while joining a team that’s more like a family, Amla is waiting for you.
Amla Commerce is looking for an energetic, self-motivated Project Manager to join their Customer Onboarding and Success team. If you’re naturally curious, like solving problems, interacting with customers, and helping them learn, and have a technical background, please keep reading.
The ideal candidate should have a background in interfacing between customers and development teams, excellent relationship-building skills, strong technical background, and experience in requirements elicitation and analysis. It is important to be a strong facilitator and listener who can work with key stakeholders to gain operational knowledge and gather user feedback on systems.
- Project Planning and Management - Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work, and mentoring and developing team members.
- Customer Management – Act as a customer champion and facilitate meetings, discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution; monitor scope, and timelines, and hold customers accountable for their deliverables.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Awareness and working knowledge of the Znode product architecture and functional modules. Awareness of the product roadmap and how the new releases will impact/change the project plan.
- Providing direction and guidance to customers and partners during periods of implementation and upgrade.
- Recommending workflows to customers and partners to ensure the successful delivery of software.
- Engage with other Project Managers on the PMO on requirements/roadblocks and be aware of solutions done across other customers and engagements.
Must-haves for this gig:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, MIS, computer engineering, electrical engineering, IT, or equivalent required.
- 5+ years experience serving in the Project Manager/Delivery Manager/Ecommerce Implementation Manager role for a software development team that was diligently applying Agile principles, practices, and theory.
- Have excellent Project Management skills in planning and monitoring project initiation through the completion of multiple projects with a globally distributed team.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Have strong teamwork and interpersonal skills in managing client expectations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Must be able to take ownership of the plan and tasks, be able to multi-task, and work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Must be well organized with multiple tasks occurring on a daily basis
- Must be able to travel up to 25% to client sites.
Nice-to-haves for this gig:
- PMP/Scrum Master certification
- Experience with Microsoft’s AZURE cloud stack
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]