Infrastructure Manager - Ecommerce
Amla Commerce is a global software company that has grown out of the belief that ecommerce software should enable sustainable growth. Amla has two products, Artifi Labs and Znode. Artifi Labs is an ecommerce product customization platform that allows shoppers to personalize, customize and configure products. Znode is an enterprise, B2B ecommerce platform with a rich set of built-in features to easily manage content, site search, product information and multi-store functionality.
At Amla, we are building something special. Awesome ecommerce software and a great place to be yourself. Don’t be surprised if you smell beer on Friday afternoons. We put passion into our work, but enjoy cracking jokes along the way. Our teams tackle complex challenges and work together to create innovative solutions, and we celebrate every little victory along the way. If you’re ready to tackle opportunities that will help grow your career while joining a team that’s more like a family, Amla is waiting for you.
Amla Commerce is looking for an energetic, self-motivated Infrastructure Manager to join their Product team. If you’re naturally curious, like solving problems, interacting with customers, and helping them learn, and have a technical background, please keep reading.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in managing infrastructure on cloud environments and managing a team of administrators / engineers (Onshore and offshore). He/she should be able to guide the team responsible for providing hosting infrastructure services (e. g. virtualization, storage, cloud, automation tools).
- Establish and maintain a professional, trained, and motivated staff through effective implementation of performance standards.
- Provide regular direct feedback via annual reviews, one-on-one meetings, and informal coaching opportunities to team members regarding career development, performance issues, teaming skills, process issues, and decision-making skills.
- Establish operational and team goals and objectives and work plans to meet KPIs and SLAs.
- Understand customer needs and pain points, industry trends, and establish and communicate plans to address these.
- Provides valuable inputs to strategic direction on Application Hosting, Cloud, Security and Backup service offerings worldwide
- Facilitate the implementation of key priority projects focused on specific growing Infrastructure Services
- Communicate status of the Hosting Infrastructure Operations initiatives to key stakeholders
- Drive the documentation and implementation of SOPs, policies, and guidelines
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with other adjacent IT teams and Business areas to facilitate cross functional problem resolution and process improvements
- Keep aware of technology and industry trends and their relevance to Amla operations
- Provide assistance to internal customers and team members in resolving non-standard incidents or situations
- Proficiently write technical specs, hosting architecture
- Participate in pre-sales meetings with clients to provide consultation for eCommerce hosting and security solutions
Must-Haves for this gig:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, MIS, computer engineering, electrical engineering, IT, or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of experience engineering, architecting, and deploying Ecommerce/CMS/Custom Web Application.
- Working knowledge and experience of SDLC, Object Oriented Programming, ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, and Web Services.
- Experience in IT infrastructure issues (web and application server setup, load-balancing, firewalls, etc.) and awareness of current technology & industry trends
- Must have solid ability to diagram solutions and the ability to articulate/engage with clients and partners on solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Must be well organized with multiple tasks occurring on a daily basis
- Must be able to travel up to 15% to client sites.
Nice-to-haves for this gig:
- Microsoft Certifications
- Experience with Microsoft’s AZURE cloud stack
- Experience working with and managing an offshore development team.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.