Business Analyst/Technical Writer - Ecommerce
Amla Commerce is a global software company that has grown out of the belief that ecommerce software should enable sustainable growth. Amla has two products, Artifi Labs and Znode. Artifi Labs is an ecommerce product customization platform that allows shoppers to personalize, customize and configure products. Znode is an enterprise, B2B ecommerce platform with a rich set of built-in features to easily manage content, site search, product information and multi-store functionality.
At Amla, we are building something special. Awesome ecommerce software and a great place to be yourself. We put passion into our work, but enjoy cracking jokes along the way. Our teams tackle complex challenges and work together to create innovative solutions, and we celebrate every little victory along the way. If you’re ready to tackle opportunities that will help grow your career while joining a team that’s more like a family, Amla is waiting for you.
Amla Commerce is looking for an energetic, self-motivated Technical Writer/Business Analyst - Ecommerce to join their Product team. If you’re naturally curious, like solving problems, interacting with customers, helping them learn, and have a technical background, please keep reading. We believe in the influence of the well-written word and how it will be the cornerstone to sharing product knowledge with our customers, partners, and internal teams.
We are looking for a special person, a Technical Writer/Business Analyst - Ecommerce who loves talking with customers, engineers, understanding business problems, finding opportunities, digging into technology and crafting content. You will be writing and visualizing multiple types of content but focusing on product knowledge base content intended for self-serve training.
Content strategy: Develop a comprehensive content strategy that ensures content is aligned to product strategy and relevant for the customer across multiple user personas.
Content management & enablement: Evangelize the strategy and collaborate with internal teams to scope additional content experiences across relevant channels. Enable the broader ecosystem to understand our strategy, what content is available and how to use it.
Strategic content development: Synthesize large amounts of information — from industry topics, to internal/external subject matter experts, to primary research — into audience-centric content that enables deep understanding of how to use the platform.
Other responsibilities include:
- Translate content from the words of a specialist into something contextually relevant for the intended audience. Achieve the balance of words and visualization to best convey the message.
- Partner with the team members across Znode to align with and influence the broader content strategy and technical writing practice
- Educate colleagues and develop tech writing as a core technical practice across our organization
- Work closely with engineering, product, customer success, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, and develop content for how the platform can provide solutions
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Perform requirements analysis
- Document and communicate the results of your efforts
- Manage projects, develop project plans, and monitor performance
- Update, implement and maintain procedures around technical content creation
- Manage competing resources and priorities
Must-haves for this gig:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical writing expertise, ideally for a software company.
- Someone collaborative and independent. You understand that consistency remains the key to delighting readers, especially when it comes to getting the information they value.
- A technical storyteller that focuses on not just how, but why and when is a must.
- A clear and friendly writing style that produces high quality, professional artifacts.
- A passion for excellent content and a strong point of view as to how technical writing influences the customer and employee experience.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.