Associate Product Manager
Amla Commerce is a global software company that has grown out of the belief that ecommerce software should enable sustainable growth. Amla has two products, Artifi Labs and Znode. Artifi Labs is an ecommerce product customization platform that allows shoppers to personalize, customize and configure products. Znode is an enterprise, B2B ecommerce platform with a rich set of built-in features to easily manage content, site search, product information and multi-store functionality.
At Amla, we are building something special. Awesome ecommerce software and a great place to be yourself. We put passion into our work, but enjoy cracking jokes along the way. Our teams tackle complex challenges and work together to create innovative solutions, and we celebrate every little victory along the way. If you’re ready to tackle opportunities that will help grow your career while joining a team that’s more like a family, Amla is waiting for you.
Amla Commerce is looking for an energetic, self-motivated Business Analyst to join its Product Development team. If you’re technically talented, naturally curious, self-motivated and love all things digital, keep reading.
The ideal candidate should have a background in all disciplines of the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC): requirement gathering, analysis, testing and implementation. Duties include working closely with the product development team, customer onboarding and success teams, and occasionally sales and account management teams. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop a firm understanding of the key features of the product and how they work.
- Understanding of how the product is implemented in different ways for existing and new customers.
- Provide software demonstrations to internal and external customers.
- Assist the team working on the Product Knowledge Base with articles review, inputs for new content, and contribute for relevant articles.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions around how they will successfully execute their plans. Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project teams.
- Develop and conduct reviews of the business requirements with the customer community to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Communicate requested changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood and a change control process can be managed.
- Conducts interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
Must-haves for this gig:
- 3+ years in Business Analyst role or Product Management related role
- College diploma or university degree in the field of information systems, engineering or equivalent
- Strong consultative skills.
- Strong R&D and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills in managing client expectations
- Must be able to take ownership of the plan and tasks, be able to multitask, and work independently
Nice-to-haves for this gig:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- PMI’s BA Certification or any relevant Product Management certification
- Experience working on a B2B/B2C Ecommerce Product
- Experience working on Product Personalization/Customization Engine
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org